Rapid Hammer

has been moved to new address

http://rapidhammer.footballunited.com/

Sorry for inconvenience...

RAPIDHAMMER: A New Beginning

Wednesday 20 January 2010

A New Beginning

A note from the editor

-> In eigener Sache


I have been running my weblog Rapid Hammer – West Ham United & Football Blog since May 2007. Through blogging, one gets to know a lot of nice people, joins a sports blogger network and the network Footbo, creates a Twitter account, is “listed” here and there and wins “followers”.
Since I mostly blog about English football and West Ham United, there are many contacts with people from the British “football blogger community”.


This lead to various cooperations such as blogging an article about the Austrian “West Ham export” Georg Grasser with Bubble View, or last September with the Scottish fanzine “SCOTZINE – The 12th Man,” where I published an article about the club I support at home in Vienna: a “Guide to Rapid Vienna” was written in the run-up to the Europa League tie between Rapid and Celtic FC.

In November last year I was eventually asked by Sam Haseltine from the English football blogger network Football United if I liked to join the network with my blog RAPIDHAMMER. This new platform provides its readers with the latest news from the affiliated blogs, and through the header of every blog the readers can get to the latest headlines from other blogs (e.g. Premiership or England) with one click.


The invitation to join this network was a pleasure and an honour for me as there had been no more than one blogger from Europe outside the UK so far (FootballBarbie). So I’m going to be only the second blogger from the “continent” to publish his blogs with “Football United”.
And so the RAPIDHAMMER used the “January transfer window” to sign for a new “club”. The guys at Football United created a blog layout for me, which largely reflects the existing one and allowed a smooth transition into the new environment – after all, a change from the familiar Blogger to Wordpress. Thank you very much!


Thus, it’s a new beginning not only for West Ham United after the entry of new owners. The RAPIDHAMMER, too, is turning over a new leaf after having completed the import of my blog to Football United.


From now on you will read my reports and thoughts (on football and sometimes on life as it is) at RapidHammer.footballunited.com. If you use the old web address you will be redirected automatically, but probably it’s quicker to type the new page from now on.


I hope my readers will appreciate the new English environment, in which you can get easily be clicking on the line at the head of this blog, and continue to have fun with RAPIDHAMMER. And with the other blogs of Football United, of course!By the way, my English readers will be able to get a rough translations of my German blogs by using the translation tool at the head of this site.


>> e M a i l to R a p i d H a m m e r


Join FootballUnited.com for Real Fans & Real News

No comments: